Friday, January 23, 2015

DIY: Archway




 Whilst browsing Pinterest looking for ways to beautify our sad little garden plot I happened upon a very simply archway. I instantly thought to myself, "Yep. I can totally make one of these!" So the next morning I did.

You will need:


  • 4 T-Posts
  • 1 16ft hog panel (or shorter, just whatever you have handy)
  • Wire cutters
  • Bailing wire
  • T-Post driver
  • Measuring tape
  • Assistants
Spot out where you want your archway to be, then measure your hog panel and space it accordingly. Pound your T-posts into the ground, two on each side. Be sure to space your posts a little shorter than your panel is wide, so your posts won't be sticking out farther than your panel. Next, have your assistants fold the panel over, while you wire it to the posts. Once you've secured your panel, your done! 
We added two small raised beds (re-purposed shipping crates) on either side that we can later plant with a crawling vine that will cover our archway, making a shady, green oasis! Bring it on baby! 



Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments:

  1. So cool! I can't wait to see it all covered in greens! :) What do you plan to plant around it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's going to be in full sun, so probably a vine that is heat tolerant. However, before I took that into consideration, I had planned on planting Morning Glories and some of my Kamo-Kamo Squash (native to New Zealand..*ahem* I bet you can't guess why I got it ;).

      Blessings -

      ~ Aspen

      Delete
  2. that's going to look so amazing with greens running up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope so! I'm excited for warmer weather to get here so I can plant some vines around it.

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete