Friday, December 13, 2013

Turkey, Dressing, and Pies! Oh My!

Turkey, Dressing, and Pies! Oh My!

Yes, um...well I never got around to posting about Thanksgiving, did I. No, I sure didn't. Shame on me.


Let me start out by saying I love tea. Especially Chai tea. Like I'm crazy over it. Now that that's out of the way, we can all get on with our lives.


I started out TG day making a big batch of pie dough and sipping on some delicious(you guessed it)Chai tea. Mmm..what better way to start out your day?


And of course I had my cute & fuzzy foot warmer laying on my feet to keep them warm. Doesn't everybody have a foot warmer when they make pie dough? No? Well they should. 

Now, where was I..ahh yes, pie making!


 Carolina and I got very creative with the pie crusts, as you can clearly see. 

Fingerprint and butterfly crust.


Bird track crust.


As for this one, I have no clue what kind of pattern you'd call it. Suggestions?



 Next on the list I made the dressing. And cried. Didn't you know I'm very emotional in the kitchen? OK, well maybe you didn't know. But now you do. 

(I'm blaming it on the onions though, it's all their fault).




Momma set the table. It looked mighty fine. 


Dad carved up the turkey.


Then we laid out all the yummy dishes, which included:

Dressing.




Cheesy Broccoli & and Rice Casserole (which, just between me and you was absolutely, ridiculously, delicious...say that three times fast).


Then of course we had some scrumptious mashed sweet potatoes and some cranberry sauce, and a few pickled beets thrown in for good measure.



Now on to the part you've all been waiting for...*drum roll please* Pie!

We had Chocolate Alabama Pie. 





A big 'ole Apple Pie.


And of course several good old fashioned Pumpkin Pies..okay actually they were Sweet Meat Squash Pies, but who cares about minor details?


 Momma made some meringue.


Doesn't that look lovely? Of course it does!


Here are the pie monsters..they devoured all of the pie. I kid you not.




The Bunbuns had a feast of leftover apple peelings.


Alan: "These apple bits are all fine and dandy, but where's my pie?"


Alan: " Surely you didn't forget to make me my own pie!!"


Alan: "Ah, how could you do this to me!!??!!??"


Alan: "Although, I would settle for a Carrot Cake if you had one handy."


Alan: "You don't have one of those either? Fine, just for that, I'll eat the camera."





Blessings - 

~ Aspen 


No comments:

Post a Comment