Friday, February 20, 2015

DIY: Wagon Hoop House

DIY: Wagon Hoop House


I'm all about re-purposing, and take great pride in refashioning broken down, and seemingly worthless objects. But, with a little time and TLC they can be transformed into something beautiful, and useful!

I present to you my latest DIY refashion project: 

As my family will tell you, I've spent the last several weeks going crazy with spring-cleaning, organzing...everything I can get my hands on, and of course lots of DIY projects using supplies discarded from previous projects, and re-purposing where I can. That's why you've seen so many DIY projects on the blog lately, because..well, that's what I've been doing!

I'd seen several cute ideas via Pinterest (I know, I know, you're shocked right?) of old wagons turned into cute flower beds. We just so happened to have an old (used-to-be) covered wagon that we played in as small children. The only logical solution to the dilemma was to turn it into something pretty and useful! Correct? Of course correct! 

The first order of business was to drag it to the backyard, and by drag, I mean that quite literally, the tires being flat and all, I had quite the time getting it where I wanted it!


 After placing it in the desired spot, I hauled some good 'ole dirt to it.


Then I had a two week delay...

After getting thus far, I found I had no greenhouse material to wrap it in. Humph. Off I went to Amazon and ordered a 20 ft. roll of the materiel, and yes it took it's sweet time in getting to me, but get here it finally did!

With the help of Little 'Sis, we cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover the wagon, with some extra fabric hanging over the sides.


Next, I cut two slits on either side of the metal hoops, in the fabric, threaded wire through the holes and tied them up. I used several small logs to hold down the extra flaps on the end, so I could easily access the bed.


All that remained was to plant something in it's barren-bed. I scattered a few spinach and chard seeds hither and there, and voila! Another finished project!




Blessings - 

~ Aspen





No comments:

Post a Comment