Green Smoothies & Edible Plants
While watering the garden, I noticed one of our raised beds which we planted Heirloom Tomatoes in, was full of Morning Glory sprouts.
We really didn't need a bunch of Morning Glory sprouts covering up the bed, so I picked some of them.
You can also eat the bigger Morning Glory leaves.
Strawberry leaves are also a good green.
New Zealand Spinach...
and Summer Spinach are also a good addition.
Now, for the green smoothie.
- 2 big handfuls of organic greens (or, if you're like me you can stuff the blender full of greens)
- 1 whole apple (if it's organic put the seeds and all in, if it's not, just add the meat)
- Organic Lemon Juice
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice
- Organic Orange/Carrot Juice or Mega Green Juice is also a favorite
- Frozen Fruit of your choice
- ...and what ever else you might decide to throw in.
- Blend and Enjoy