Wednesday, October 9, 2013

~ Tea Cakes ~

~ Tea Cakes ~


What do you do when you have 6 guests coming over for the weekend, in addition to the 8 you already have? Bake like a mad-woman of course!


I've been collecting many recipes off the internet that I've been longing to make, experiment with, and make healthier. What better way to try out a bunch of new recipes, than when you have lots of people coming over, I ask you? 

But, just for the record, Tea Cakes are sort of a "family heritage" cookie. My Nanny, used to always make them for us. I'd never made them before, so I decided to give them a whirl. (I changed up the recipe a bit to leave out the sugar and white flour, etc.)

Tea Cakes


  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2. honey
  • 1 c. butter
  • 1 c. buttermilk w/ 1 t. soda ( I used cultured Coconut kefir)
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 2 t. vanilla
Mix all the above together and add enough flour (I used Sprouted Spelt flour, and Whole Wheat flour) to make a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/8 inch or thicker. Cut with cookie cutter and bake at 350 until done. 


My taste testers were passionate about their job...


I could hardly even take pictures, without some little cookie thieves trying to snatch some!


Stay tuned for more recipes...


Blessings - 

~ Aspen


No comments:

Post a Comment