Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bye Bye Black Chickens!

Bye Bye Black Chickens!


Unfortunately, the Black Aussie chickens have not worked out for us.
 Let me give you a small list of what they've been getting into:
  
  •  Taking dust bathes in the raised beds.
  • Eating and running marathons through the corn patch.
  • Thinking they are eagles..and flying over every.single.fence we put them in.
  • Trying to trip me..I'm pretty sure on purpose. They are constantly underfoot.
  • Trying to bunk with the Meaties, which means excessively getting stuck in the Meatie pen, which also means the human (me) has to come rescue (by rescue I mean chase them in circles in the Meatie run until I'm hot, tired, and sweaty) them.
  • Even though there are plently of grasshoppers and other delectable insects everywhere they still insist on lounging on the back porch, pooping, and being little brats. But as soon as you walk out the back door they start acting like complete angels and even give you those sad, sorrowful puppy eyes. ;)
 
After having said all that, they are sweet chickens and I'll be (somewhat) sad to see them leave, but it's all for the best. Although, I may keep a couple for my own personal amusement. 
 
 
Have you ever brought new animals in on impulse and not have them work out? It's frustrating isn't it?!
 
Blessings - 
 
~ Aspen 

No comments:

Post a Comment