Friday, October 3, 2014

Ask Me Anything! - Q & A

Ask Me Anything! - Q & A



I missed the due date for the Q & A session, apologies; that was the day before I left for my trip. But, better late than never, yes? Of course yes!

I hope you enjoy reading these, as much as I enjoyed answering them! : )  

  • Brian Carmicheal 
 Why do you always wear skirts? Just wondering.
1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But just for the record, I do not wear skirts all the time. Sometimes when your building fence, mucking out pens, or riding horses, skirts are down right bothersome. ;)

Laura
 Yay!! Well, I must be honest, I love your blog and posts and especially those that are animal / outdoor / nature related. Now I have three huge questions. Have you ever dealt with strange diseases among your feather animals? you have quite a lot and I am just wondering how you have managed those delicate circumstances without losing all of your animals. I have very few 25 to be exact and go crazy when they get all sick and fussy. Curious to know how you deal with so many animals Do you have an organizer /record/ schedule or something that makes this type of tasks simpler?.

Hope You have a lovely afternoon.

Blessings, 

Yes, I have in fact. A very deadly disease that consisted of a sinus infection, that caused the bird(s) eye(s) to swell, usually with a pocket of pus underneath. They would have severe coughing, sneezing, etc. I tried all sorts of commercial medications that cost and arm and a leg, but they weren't worth a lick. The last bird that showed symptoms of it (last year) I treated with fresh, raw garlic, fresh herbs, essential oils, raw apple cider vinegar, along with fresh water and nutrient-dense foods. She perked up and was completely fine by the end of the week. 
As to your other questions, no not really; I just do these jobs as they turn up. The most important thing (as I'm sure you already know) to maintain your animal's health is essentially: clean housing, fresh water, nutrient-dense foods, safe housing from predators/weather, and lots of TLC. ;) 

Martha Joy
What have you found that has helped you to stay focused on our heavenly Father? What are some verses that have really encouraged you to "forsake all that you have" and be a disciple of Jesus (Luke 14:33)?

Press onward! Blessings to you as you desire to know Him more,
~Martha Joy


Keeping my nose stuck in the Word mainly. One of my daily Bible habits that has helped me (and continues to...) is to read a chapter out of Proverbs every day, since there are 31 chapters, I read one every day of the month. Amazingly, I find such solace in these words of wisdom. It seems that what ever lesson I was taught that day, or something that upset me, or whatever it is, turns up in my daily reading of Proverbs. Sometimes I get chill bumps, because it's just like God's speaking to me through the Word, and I believe He is. So back to the original question(s), mainly just reading the Bible and dwelling on it's wise counseling. :)

Robert
 What is your favourite Jane Austen novel and movie , Would you like to live in a wall tent, and Crunchy or smooth peanut butter.

Ohhh...that's a tough one! OK, favorite novel probably Pride and Prejudice. Favorite movie, it's complicated! I can't decide between P&P, Sense and Senseability, Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abby!! But..I reckon it's the BBC Pride and Prejudice. ;)
Most defiantly! If a hobbit hole was out of the question...    We do civil war reenacting, so I've spent many a night sleeping underneath a canvas roof. So yes, I could most defiantly live in a wall tent for an indefinable period of time.
I cannot choose between them so I'm going to cheat and say both! 



Thanks y'all for the questions! I enjoyed answering them!

Blessings - 

~ Aspen


1 comment:

  1. My chickens have been dealing with the same type of infection (same symptoms here) I didn't know essential oils could be used in them - it is so good to know! :) thanks for the response such lovely answers.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete