Monday, September 15, 2014

The Happenings In My Sunday-School Class

The Happenings In My Sunday-School Class

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to share with you, sorry! I will try and snap some next time. ;)

Several weeks ago our church announced that they needed some new teachers for the various Bible study classes, I felt like I should take one of the classes, so I did, the kindergarten class. Normally, I just have one or two children, but trust me, they keep me on my toes!

This past week we learned about how king Saul disobeyed God, and had his kingdom stripped from him and given to another. 

That morning I had printed out some coloring pages for the children; it consisted of several soldiers in the midst of a battle.

I also brought with me some play soldiers, a shallow cardboard box, and some sand. Why, you ask? You'll see!

I told the children I had a surprise for them after they finished their coloring pages. After they finished, I laid out the cardboard box, filled it with sand, and gave them the pile of toy soldiers. OH, and did I mention I brought along a small toy catapult..that actually shot things? Yeah..well..fast forward about 5 minutes, they had managed to find several small rocks in the dirt, they proceeded to launch them across the class room...

Later, once they tired of the rocks, they started filling the catapult with dirt and attempted to fire it upon the heads of the toy soldiers, but failed, and instead ended up scattering it all over the floor and table!

After class was over, they asked if I would please bring the soldiers and sandbox again next time..oh and to please bring some bigger rocks!!!

Oh dear....

*ahem* Yeah, it looks like next time I think I'll be bring some bigger rocks...and a vacuum!

I'd better find me a bigger bag to tote around! When I first started I never dreamed that I would actually fill it up with stuff, but oh well! Sometimes, I confess, I shock myself at what I take to church!!

Person: "Why do you have a bag full of rocks?"

Me: "Well..errm..it's complicated!...."


Blessings - 

~ Aspen

No comments:

Post a Comment