Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Bookshelf Tag

The Bookshelf Tag~

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:
We have three bookshelves in our bedroom, one of them is filled with my books. They are located on my computer/writing desk, on the bottom shelf (to keep them safe from a small hole in my ceiling that was attempting to sabotage my book collection by splattering raindrops everywhere! *gasp*).
Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
If I have several books in a series (i.e: LOTR, Shakespeare, Robin Hood, etc) then I will stack those together, but they are rather at random; which is very odd for me being a wee bit of a perfectionist.
What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf? A very ancient, falling apart, Shakespeare volume.
What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf? A book my cousin co-wrote.
Is there a book you received as a birthday gift? "Red Hugh: Prince of Donegal"
What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf? Lisa Steele's book on raising happy, healthy chickens, naturally.
What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf? "Les Miserables"
Is there a book from a friend on your shelf? Yes, several. "Outlaw's Redemption", "Boy Meets Girl", "I Kissed Dating Goodbye"....
Most expensive book? Not really sure actually. Perhaps the Stephen F. Lawhead Robin Hood series.
The last book you read on your shelf? "Boy Meets Girl" by Joshua Harris
Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read? Probably "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Do you have more than one copy of a book? I've been given multiple copies of books we already owned, so I suppose that counts as a yes.
Do you have the complete series of any book series? Oh yes! Several.
What's the newest addition to your shelf? "Boy Meets Girl"
What book has been on your shelf FOREVER? Probably all of Tolkien's books.
What's the most recently published book on your shelf? "Outlaw's Redemption"
The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)? Complete volume of Shakespeare.
A book you won? None that I can think of.
A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)? LOTR, Shakespeare, Robin Hood.
Most beat up book? Probably "The Hobbit"
Most pristine book? "Nourishing Traditions"
A book from your childhood? "The Hobbit"
A book that's not actually your book? The "Robin Hood" series by Stephen F. Lawhead, they are actually my brothers, but I'm 'borrowing' them...
A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)? My 'trophy" book, is an old hardbound book that is falling apart, but it is still lovely. <3
A book that is your favorite color? Maybe "The Fellowship of The Ring", it's a lovely shade of dark green. Although none of my books really have my favoritest color(s).
Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read? "Rob Roy McGregor"
Any signed books? Yes! One, by my own dearest authoress cousin. "Outlaw's Redemption"



I tag:

Reyna Nicole
Kayla
Samantha Collard
Beth 
Deborah O'Carrol
Thanks for reading my bookshelf tag, even if it was slightly boring, due to my lack of personally owned books. ;)

Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me, dear! I can't wait to do this - it looks really fun, especially since I just rearranged some of my books and brought my other bookshelf into my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome sugar! Oooh sweet, I can't wait to read it then! ;)

      Blessings -

      ~ Aspen

      Delete
  2. Ooh, love this post! :D Books and lists are the absolute BEST, so I just loooved reading this. ^_^ Yay for Tolkien books! And Stephen R. Lawhead! Your copy of Nourishing Traditions is pristine? o.o Ours is sooo falling apart and missing its cover and everything because we've used it soooo much. XD I think Rob Roy is one of MY books I've had forever and haven't read yet too. XD Whoops... And no, it wasn't boring at all, I loved it! ^_^ Ooh, thanks so much for tagging me!! I'll have to get to doing this one... :D (I... think you once tagged me for a Tookish tag on your other blog and I still haven't done that one either! o.o My goodness... I'm sooo bad about getting around to tags. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom also has a copy of Nourishing Traditions, she bought me a copy last Christmas so I could add it to my 'treasure chest' (it's like a hope chest..just more awesome!). I tried reading Rob Roy several times, but the one I have is more of a biography of his birth-to his death, so I just haven't gone through it yet. However, it's given me some delicious insight into the Scotch cultural and such, which is fabulous!

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete