Raw, Gluten Free, Healthy: Almond Coconut Candy
You know that late afternoon craving you get for something sweet? Yeah, I get that too. I satisfied my craving by making these yum yums! Oh and did I mention they are super healthy for you? Well they are. Enjoy ;)
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 12 ounces organic dark chocolate
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut, and honey.
- Combine well.
- Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into baking pan, freeze or refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and spread over coconut.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.
*cut bars at room temperature so chocolate cuts easier
Melt your coconut oil and honey together.
Once all your ingredients are mixed together, pour into a pan that is lined with parchment (or wax) paper. Let it sit in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes, meanwhile melt your chocolate using a double broiler. Then pour it over your coconut layer and stick it back in the freezer for about 40 minutes. Take it out and let it set at room temperature and cut it into pieces.
I added some almonds to mine, but it's optional if you want those on yours or not.
I'm already thinking of variations that I could do, such as adding goji berries, different kinds of nuts, flax or chia seeds sprinkled on top...there is an endless list of possibilities!
We chowed down on these and in two days they were all gone. ;)
I hope you enjoy these healthy, delicious Almond Coconut Candies as much as we did!