Friday, May 16, 2014

The Circle of Life

The Circle of Life

 Thursday started out as a normal day for me. I got up at 6:00 AM, made Dad breakfast and lunch for the day. After he left for work, Carolina and I let all the animals out. That morning we found one of our favorite geese dead in the pen. Our dear sweet Penny goose passed away during the night. 

Only a few short hours later, Coconut killed a Meatie chick. The whole day was extremely stressful, I was in an awful mood, my head was pounding from a head ache I couldn't seem to get rid of, I felt unproductive, tired, and overwhelmed. Big and little stumbling blocks presented themselves to me all. day. long. Non-stop. Some of the family have been gone to Utah for several days so I've been the Momma around here and I am pretty certain I can say I've had a pretty good taste of what it's like being married. 

By the end of the day I was completely worn out and exhausted. Whenever I am in a bad mood I have an urgency to clean everything in sight. So I did. I scrubbed the kitchen counters, washed dishes, did laundry, spiffed up the house, cleaned the bathroom, the whole nine yards. I finally made my way outside and took a stroll up the road, got to the cattleguard and cried my eyes out and talked to the Lord for awhile. I felt a little better afterwards, but was still in very low spirits. 

Thankfully, after a good night's rest I felt refreshed and ready to start my day a-fresh. And that reminds me of the title of this post. On the same day we had two losses, that afternoon I found a surprise baby riding in the incubator tray. 

I quickly gathered up the rest of the eggs that were hatching and put them in the hatcher.

Surprise! Surprise!
 

Here's what I found in the hatcher this morning:


On the same day as some trials presented themselves, we were blessed with these new arrivals. It made me stop and count my blessings. I am extremely blessed! It brings tears to my eyes to think how greatly God has shower blessings upon us!

When's the last time you stopped and counted your blessings? 


Blessings - 

~ Aspen

No comments:

Post a Comment