Friday, March 7, 2014

Eye Feather

Eye Feather


Guess what I found in the peafowl pen recently? Yep, Prince has dropped his first eye feather! 


The pictures don't do it justice. 


It is a beautiful array of colors. 


If you look closely in some of the pictures, you can see some pink/light purple on the outer feathers.


It's amazing how much this feather sparkles in the sunlight! Can you see the yellow/orange feathers?



Any suggestions on what I should do with it? I was thinking of making a hair ornament out of it or perhaps hanging it in my room for a pretty decoration.


Blessings - 

~ Aspen

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! It's just gorgeous dearest!!

    ♥Kayla♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a beautiful hair ornament, especially in your dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, any idea on how to make it stay in there? lol

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe putting mog pog (I think that's how you spell it :) on it. Then hot glue it to a barrette or bobby pin. Adding ribbon, or something like that, to it might make it more durable. Pinterest has a few ideas that you might be able to work off of.

      Delete
    2. Good ideas, I will have to try those out this weekend! I'll post the results of my endeavors when I finish.

      Delete
  4. So exciting and even more beautiful! You must be just so proud of your little Prince! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very proud! It seems like just yesterday that he was a baby!

      ~ Aspen

      Delete
    2. I know exactly how you feel - I still picture my little Eponine as being just a foot long, and then I look at her and she's enormous! She''l always be my baby, though.

      Delete
  5. Such a very pretty feather at what age do they start developing these? and yes I also agree that it will make a gorgeous hair ornament very original looking :)

    ReplyDelete