Wednesday, March 26, 2014

West Texas Safari

West Texas Safari

We recently acquired a new vehicle, a red jeep. Upon the evening of it's arrival, we all (dog included) clambered into it and dad took us for a drive in the horse pasture.


The horses didn't know what to think at first and they took off at a high lope to the opposite end of the field. But then decided that we might have food and started chasing us.



We were surrounded by horses!!


Rusty was about to have a conniption fit.. 


he wanted to get out and chase the horses so bad he could hardly stand it!


But, instead he just sat in my lap, squooshing me in the process, and whining.


I felt like I was on an African safari!


It felt like I was in the John Wayne movie "Hatari"


QUICK! Where's my catching rope?? Where's my seat out on the front of the jeep?? MY GOGGLES!! 


Oh, look! There goes a rhinosaurus! 




In reality, the only animal I caught, sat on me during the whole trip. *sigh* Oh well, perhaps one day I shall catch myself an elephant, or even a giraffe.







Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments: