Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Homemade Custard

Homemade Custard

When you have an abundance of milk and eggs, what do you do? Make Custard of course silly!


Homemade Custard

7 eggs
5 c. milk
1 c. sugar 
1/2 t. salt
2 t. vanilla

Beat together. Cook at 350F for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with nutmeg. 

I used duck and goose eggs and fresh milk from that morning.


Add your vanilla.


Beat together and then add the rest of your ingredients. 


Sprinkle of salt.


Cup of sugar (I used Coconut Sugar).


Grease your hand..err..I mean pan. Yes that's it.


Once it's almost done, top it with a healthy dose of nutmeg,


Wait for it to cool and enjoy.


Or you can not wait for it to cool and eat it immediately, like we did. ; ) 


How do you like to use up excess eggs and milk?
Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, that looks so good! Yum! I can never make anything without getting somethings on my hands;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra eggs and milk always means a big batch of my Grandma's Rice Pudding. Talk about happy goodness in a pan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - Yep, me too! I can't seem to bake anything without getting covered from head to toe in flour, egg whites, and I know not what. I seem to be a magnet.

      Sarah A. - Sounds yummy! Care to share the recipe?

      Blessings -

      ~ Aspen

      Delete
  3. Great, I am going to try this tonight!! Thank you Rice Pudding sounds lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete