Friday, March 14, 2014

Here Goose, Peafowl, Turkey!


Here Goose, Peafowl, Turkey!


Several weeks ago, when it was just me home by myself, I happened to look out the window and see some very dirty geese walking up towards the front gate. I thought to myself, oh great they must have been playing in the sewer! Upon further inspection, I didn't think they were geese, they were walking really strangely, sticking one foot out really straight and then the other, and bobbing their heads. Oh dear! Did the peafowl get out??? It must be the peafowl!
I peered out the window just in time to see some wild turkeys walk past the front gate. 



What they were doing up here, I have no idea, but up here they were! 


Several of them came up by the car port, and starred at me a minute or two


then started running...


and flying off.


In case you didn't know, wild turkeys can fly extremely well. Yes indeed.


I think there was about 15-18 of them running around the flat.


But then Rusty spotted them and decided they were not supposed to be up here.



So they ran off and he was close on their heels.





Oh and by the by, in case you didn't know, I took all these pictures single handedly...because the other hand was holding Coconut, who rushed out the back door when I came out.

Have you ever had turkeys or some other odd creature come up to your house?

Blessings - 

~ Aspen

3 comments:

  1. Back at our old house we had a turkey come up to our house and then early one morning we had a male pheasant walk by our window! He was absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminded me of a time we were driving past a big field, and there were three flocks of large birds in it. I looked at the first, and thought, "Oh, they must be geese." Then I looked at the second, "Oh, silly me, they're turkeys!" Then I looked at the last flock, "That's weird, they're geese!" I had assumed that all three flocks were the same - they weren't. :) What is your turkey hunting season there? My brother is anxiously awaiting ours, which starts March 28 this year. He took his hunter's safety class and is all ready. I'm just ready to eat turkey. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww rusty looks so cute running after those wild turkeys

    ReplyDelete