Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pride & Prejudice, Incubators, and Every Good Thing!

Pride & Prejudice, Incubators, and Every Good Thing!

Spring is in the air! Want to know how I know? Because the flies have returned, the red ants are back, everything is shedding it's winter coat, AND my incubators are going!! Egg-citing yes? Of COURSE YES!

I've been longing to see Pride & Prejudice again. We managed to squeeze in the 6 hr long version of it over the past few days. Ah! How I love that movie! I can't decide who my favorite character is...Mrs. Bennet or Mr. Bingley??? Actually, that question isn't very hard! ;) 

Mr. Darcy is tolerable, I suppose...but not near dashing enough to tempt me!  



 If you are unfamiliar with Pride & Prejudice, then STOP reading this post IMMEDIATELY and go watch the BBC 1995 version of it. I will be timing you!!

six
.....
hours
.........
 later
................

OK, finished watching it? Good! Excellent! Stupendous! I'm proud of you! :)


In case you missed the moral of the story, this basically sums it up.


Unless of course you are Mrs. Bennet, then by all means proceed into hysterics and tell Hill to fetch you a case of smelling salts. You're sure gonna need'em! ;) 


We did some switching around in my room, and I now have a lovely desk to put my laptop on, hold all my random papers that somehow seem to collect on all clean surfaces, to hold incubators, eggs, and everything nice!

 I have two incubators running! In my room to be exact. In my room? Are you crazy? Me: Possibly! But only the best of us are!


I can no longer hear my geese honking and carrying on at all hours of the night. Instead I get to listen to the low hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

of my incubators. Fantastic yes? Of course fantastic yes!

BREAKING EGGCITING NEWS!!

I got my first Sebastopol egg two days ago! It's the middle egg in the below picture. Debating on whether I should hatch it..or sell it? My mind tells me..hatch hatch hatch hatch hatch hatch hatch! 


I found another Sebastopol egg in their nighttime stall, but alas it was soft shelled. BooHoo!


I am up way past my bedtime so I'm going to hit the hay. I have a long day tomorrow and need to get some hatching eggs mailed off first thing.

Later, Cheers, and have a Jolly Good Night!

Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Mrs. Bennet is definitely one of my very favorites! My mom and I LOVE her! 'Oh my poor nerves!'
    Aren't eggs exciting? I personally love everything about them. :)

    Blessings,
    Reyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to watch the "awful version" of P & P soon..just so I can laugh and poke fun at the poor movie that can never stand up to the BBC version. Why do people try and remake something, when there is already a perfect version of it made?

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my mom and I had many, many laughs watching that one - especially at Mr. Bingley (who, I'm sorry to say, is awful), Lizzy, Mr. Darcy (he's IN-tolerable), and pretty much every other character. There were also some gasps of horror, for Caroline's sleeveless dress that looks like a slip, and many other things they did wrong. Yes, I would give them a break if it had come before the BBC one, but it didn't, so they have no excuse. For anything. Even for trying to make a new one in the first place. ;)

      Reyna

      Delete
  3. Reyna - Oh absolutely! I couldn't stand any of them, except maybe Jane.

    Faith - Six hours is WAY too short!! Such awesomeness! Yep, my room is usually always cluttered with stuff that I have no idea where it came from?

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete