Monday, April 7, 2014

Healthy Homemade Crisp Buttermilk Waffles

Healthy Homemade Crisp Buttermilk Waffles



What ta' do when you wake up with a craving for waffles?? Well, by golly you get yourself in that there kitchen and mix you some up! 


~ Healthy Homemade Waffles ~

2 c. sprouted spelt flour
1/2 t. salt
3 TB. honey (I was lazy and didn't feel like melting honey so I opted out and used cane sugar..can you ever forgive me???)
2 c. buttermilk
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2 beaten eggs (I used one goose egg)...(goodness aren't we violent in the kitchen!!)
1/4 c. melted butter or coconut oil

Optional: I added in a dash or two of cinnamon, along with a teaspoon of vanilla...because I'm awesome like that. ;)

Whisk together dry ingredients, in a separate bowl mix together the wet, add together and mix well. Bake on hot waffle iron until crisp.


 Serve with plenty of organic grass-fed butter and homemade maple syrup! Down it with a glass of warm (yes I said warm...freshly squeezed) milk.




Blessings - 

~ Aspen

No comments:

Post a Comment