Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Healthy Quinoa Broccoli Cheese Bake

Healthy Quinoa Broccoli Cheese Bake


This is another one of those recipes that you might say I embellished. 

I found this recipe and was like "Oh yeah I can totally make this!! So easy!" But after taking a quick look in the pantry I found I didn't have about 5 of the main ingredients. Shoot. Ah, but I still managed to make a yummy dish. Here's what I did:

Healthy Quinoa Broccoli Cheese Bake

Note: I made this recipe to fit our family size, so you may want to do the same. 

2 c. whole milk
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
2 c. broccoli
about 1 c. sprouted spelt flour
1  1/2 c. broth  
2 c. Parmesan cheese
4 c. quinoa, cooked
several tablespoons of olive oil
swiss cheese for layering on top.
salt & pepper to taste
 1 lb. ground grass-fed hamburger meat (optional)

First, chop up your garlic and onions. Saute them in the olive oil for about 3-5 minutes, add in your flour (mine soaked up all the excess oil and then formed into balls...), then your milk and broth. Pretty much all you are doing is making gravy. Once your sauce is thick add in your parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Keep stirring until cheese is melted into your sauce. Set aside.
Cook your quinoa. Set aside.
Cook your ground beef. Set aside.
Butter what ever size pan your going to use and preheat your oven to 350F. 

Now, mix together you quinoa, sauce, and ground meat. Pour into buttered pan, place your chopped broccoli on-top, and add a layer of swiss cheese.

Bake until golden brown.

Enjoy


I haven't tried to many quinoa recipes. Usually we just have it for breakfast with butter and honey, but this recipe was very yummy! I'm sure I'll be experimenting with quinoa again in the future. ;)

What are some of your favorite quinoa recipes?

Blessings - 

~ Aspen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment