Sunday, January 19, 2014

Feed Sack Tag

Feed Sack Tag

Have you ever seen horses chase each other around, trying to grab a piece of feed sack out of the other's mouth? Mmm, okay perhaps not. Just asking.

One afternoon I caught Breck (short for Alan Breck Steward) and Little Bit playing this game. They were galloping around the pen, kicking up their heels (or hooves??) having a good 'ole time! Then after they'd tire of chasing each other, one of them would go and dunk the feed sack into the water trough and splash around. I've decided horses act like toddlers, like alot.
 


Afterwards, they decided it would be fun to come eat my skirt, because that is always a fun thing to do. 



Virginia is such a pretty mare, is she not? She wasn't quite sure what to make of them colts dashing around the pen acting crazy. Secretly I think she wanted to join in on the fun.


Next time I can't get anybody to play tag with me, I know where I'm goin'. 

Do you play tag with your horses? I think we should invent a game, and dub it "Feed Sack Tag".  Your thoughts?

Blessings - 

~ Aspen

4 comments:

  1. Your horse in the last picture reminds me of the pony Thorin rode in The Unexpected Journey. That's a compliment, BTW:) I was thinking to myself, where have I seen that horse before? Oh, The Hobbit;) Ehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a compliment! Perhaps I should rename her Myrtle!! LOL

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! JK. If I ever get a horse, I'll probably name it Myrtle or something from LOTR and The Hobbit. Ehehehe.

      Delete
  3. I always wanted to get a white horse with a black nose and name it Shadowfax. <3

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete