Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wild Hog Report

Wild Hog Report

Yesterday, we'd forgotten to get the mail, so Carolina and I ran (OK, we drove) to the mailbox.
On the way down there we passed this dirt "pond", except there wasn't any water, just mud. Can you guess what was wallowing around in the mud? Yep, about 20 juvenile wild hogs.



It took us a minute to realize what on earth they were! Just between you and me, I thought they were a bunch of really big rabbits tromping around in the mud at first...
 

They saw us drive by and took off at a run, then hid behind a tree and looked very nonplused at us for awhile, then ran away into the brush.
 

Do you often see wild life when you take a drive?



P.S. Hogs, next time we meet, I will have a gun. xoxoxo

Blessings - 

~ Aspen

5 comments:

  1. Hogs, next time we meet, I will have a gun! Hahaha! What kind of a gun do you have? I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You name it, and we have it. I do not own any guns, but my brothers let me borrow several and keep in my room for my own personal use. I have an AR, and a shotgun propped up by my bedstead. When I'm home by myself I usually carry my dad's pistol around.

      ~ Aspen

      Delete
  2. So cool! I don't personally own any guns, but I do shoot other people's! :) When I went to visit my grandparents I got to shoot a 12 gauge shotgun for the first time and also a 357 Magnum revolver, and Glock 9mm, and a something or other Phoenix. It was really fun. I would like to shoot more but I HATE indoor ranges! They are so loud and smelly and I can't stand them (I was shooting out of doors with my grandpa). You are lucky you have such a big property you can shoot there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fun stuff! One of my brothers has a Glock pistol, I like it pretty well but it's a bit big for my small hands. My favorite gun to lug around is my AR. <3

    I've never been to a shooting range, it does sound a bit cramped and too full of people for my liking. If you lived closer I'd invite you down for a week!

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you're so sweet! If I'm ever in the area I'll let you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete