Sunday, January 26, 2014

I'm Covered In Hares!!!

I'm Covered In Hares!!!

After a long day of work, you want to come in and relax, yes? Of course yes!

Well *cough* try relaxing when you have three hares lounging on you, licking your face, scratching through your hare..er I mean hair, and sleeping on your shoulder, oh and smacking in your face. ; )


Relaxing (if you can even call it that) with the bunbuns.


The bunbuns didn't much appreciate us and the flashing camera in their face. Nope. Not one bit.


But they started to forgive us once we dug out the treats.


Just in case you ever wanted to know what a zombie-Dutchess-eating-greens looks like.....


I'm not even going to think about how many leaves of Arugula Dutchess ate.  


But I do know I got a lot of pictures like this...


Dutchess: "Hey! Bring that back!! I wasn't done yet!!"


You can be cute. But you will never be bunny-munching-veggies cute. 


We are teaching the bunnies a new trick! It's called "begging". They are excelling at it.


OK, just one more munchy picture...I promise!




Blessings - 

~ Aspen

7 comments:

  1. Awww!!! Their soooo cute!!!

    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We just had our first experience birthing baby goats, which, I think, are equally adorable. Thankfully, the mama (Lily, our neighbor's goat, who sleeps inside in the bed) did everything "by the book" and it was pretty quick. We finally will have goat milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I'm so excited for y'all! Oh goodness yes, kids are so stinkin' cute! How many kids did she have? What kind of goat is she? I loved milking our goats (they sure are a lot easier to milk than a cow!).

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily is a Nigerian Dwarf, and so is my goat, Eponine. Lily only had one kid; she didn't come from great milk lines and isn't registered, so we don't know her pedigree. We got her for our neighbor as "goat propaganda" to convince my dad to let us get one. Obviously, it worked! What kind of goats do/did you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. I am head-over-heels in love with the Nigerian Dwarfs and Pygmy goats. But sadly, no one in the area raises (at least good quality) goats, so I'd be hard pressed to find some worth my money. Your goats are just precious! <3 Oh, and momma and I use adore your cute little "fodder wheel barrel"! Did you plant your seeds in the wheel barrel, or did you grow the fodder in sprouting trays and then transfer it over to the wheel barrel feeder? I need to find me a cute vintage wheel barrel now! I feel inspired.
    Lucky you, my dad hates goats with a passion. That is the main reason we had to rehome all 20+ some odd goats. We had mostly Boer (sp? I know I didn't spell that right) crosses, they were mixed with some milk goat blood, but had the shape of a Boer. The babies would come out in all assortment of colors, black, white, grey, red, brown, chocolate, tan, you name it. They were a lot of fun. I remember one year that I raised a bottle calf, and 7 kids. It was so much fun.

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sprouted the wheat for the fodder directly in the wheel barrel. There wasn't any dirt though, just fine wood shavings from a tree stump we had ground out. It worked really well and the animals loved it (as you probably saw). That's too bad that your dad doesn't like goats. My dad just kind of stays out of the farm business, but we always have to get his permission if we want to add. Fresh eggs and milk is good motivation, I have found!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a neat idea. I'm adding it to my 'Bucket List'. Yes, the men in our family are the main consumers of the eggs and milk, but they still seem to find ways of complaining about having to separate the calves off the milk cows in the evening, or about the noisy ducks. Yes, well that's all fine and dandy, but I am the one who has to milk the cow and feed the ducks, and THEY (the animals) are the ones producing all that yummy milk and eggs so.....

    ; ) Our guys aren't particularly the "animal type". But for me they are a necessity of life, and couldn't imagine life without them!

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete